Monday 4 June 2012

Wirral Festival of Firsts Presents MOTHERS

50 paintings from the Mothers collection (selected by Barbara Singleton) are on show in Wirral from the 24th of June until the 8th of July at the Holiday Inn, Kings Gap, Hoylake CH47 1HE Admission is free. The venue is open daily 10am - 8pm Barbara Singleton and friends have encouraged local artists, celebs and creative people to donate A5 size portraits of their mums which will be sold off in aid of good causes. (Above: The poet Jock Scot in Archway, London 2012)in 2004 Jock very kindly wrote a poem for the brochure of the exhibition... "God Could Not Be Everywhere." I felt sorry for my mother and I stayed at home too long I should never have returned from the Isle of Wight the year that Jimi Hendrx was on I felt sorry for my mother cause when my father died, he left her, on her own what a mess, what a muddle, what a riddle five girls and two boys with me stuck in the middle It was not, a lot, of fun after he was gone, so - I felt sorry for my mother and I stayed at home too long She taught me so much, did my mother like how, not, to bring up kids and it stood me in good stead she still hangs on in there just like the living dead

No comments:

Post a Comment