Thursday 14 June 2012

Paul Weller records a special birthday single for Paul McCartney to help War Child

Paul Weller has recorded a cover version of The Beatles song Birthday. The track is available for one day only and all the money goes to help the War Child organisation. On June the 18th McCartney is 70 years young. Paul Weller says: “I wanted to do something for Paul's 70th, the man’s been, and still is, an immense and enduring inspiration for me. It was him and his three friends that made me want to pick up a guitar in the first place. I saw him play live recently and he inspired me just as much as ever, he was brilliant. I just hope he likes our little version, a token of my and the bands love for him and his music. Rock on Macca”. War Child are an excellent organisation. To find out about their current projects to help protect the children of Syria visit their website: www.warchild.org.uk To buy the single visit www.paulweller.com

No comments:

Post a Comment